How To Defend Yourself Against Psychic Attack
by Eileen Nauman, DHM(UK), EMT-B
Just mentioning these words makes some people cringe. What is a psychic attack? It is the assault upon your aura, without your conscious permission, by another person, place, thing or group. It will leave you feeling open, exposed, vulnerable and sometimes, a sense of danger and an anxiety or panic attack. I say 'conscious' because on a subconscious base within ourselves, we have fears--those things we haven't worked through or with, and have yet to integrated into ourselves. So long as they remain unintegrated, they expose us and leave us open, aurically speaking, to someone assaulting our aura and draining us of Prana, a life-giving energy.
In my business as a shaman, I've been exposed to just about every kind of psychic attack, whether by an individual or a group. What I share with you here are my experiences. That is not to say I know everything, because I do not. Nor do I know all the different methodologies of protecting one's self, either. What I do know, is contained here in the article.
So, let's get back to this fear thing. All the attacks I've experienced over the years were necessary in order to rid me of the one thing that could get me killed out there in non ordinary reality: FEAR. You can't be a working shaman and be afraid.
At the root of any psychic attack upon any person, it is designed to "hot button" our fear. It could be fear of the unknown. Fear of being controlled by another person. Fear of being hurt. Fear of being killed. There are many fears out there, but the basic, underlying theme to why psychic attack works is because of our fear.
Who is Doing the Psychic Attacking?
Usually, a person doesn't even know they are attacking you. This is the unconscious kind of psychic attack. And then, there's those who do it on purpose and consciously. In either situation, you can confront them and tell them that they are draining you of energy and to stop it at once.
Often, in dysfunctional family dynamics, we see prana-guzzling from a parent to a child or vice-versa. This is where pieces get taken from everyone involved in this psychic dance of unhealthy patterns.
It can be a co-worker where you have your job. Or your boss. It could be the type of job you're in, such as a nurse in a hospital, a police person, a firefighter or any activity where there's high drama linked with life-death situations.
Or, its someone who doesn't like you--and you may or may not know it. Many of us are sensitive to being disliked. I think we'd all like to think we're liked by everyone--but that's not the reality of the world and how it operates. Inevitably, we all make enemies by simply being alive and breathing. It's not that we have to do something terribly wrong to earn them, either. Some of us, more than others, accrue more enemies. And not everyone is going to be overjoyed over our decision making process, either. Just by standing your ground and staying in your own, personal balance, can make people angry at you. You can be attacked just because you're breathing. The key here is: don't take it personally.
Cop an attitude that you know not everyone is going to agree with you. If you can shift yourself into detaching (Zen-like) emotionally from those who don't like you (and never will), then you are stopping the giving or frittering away your energy to them. You can literally, bleed yourself dry over an issue, person, circumstance--and you're hemorrhaging yourself! They aren't doing it for you--you are shooting yourself, quite literally, into your own foot! Most of us do this--usually when we're younger and less often as we mature. And over time and years, we "get it" and stop it and rise above these situations so we don't take a pound of our own flesh.
It's easy to say: well, get rid of your fear and you can't be attacked. Most of us spend a lifetime working through our fears and releasing them. And even if we do--we can still get attacked! You can lower your fear barrier or even expunge it from yourself forever, but that doesn't mean you won't or can't be attacked by a person or group.
And when or if this happens, it won't knock you over--unless it's a group after you, and then, you're probably going to have to call in some help. But more on that later.
Warning Signs of Psychic Attack
- Tiredness. Fatigue. Because an individual or group is putting an invisible "gasoline hose" into your aura and pumping out your pranic energy, you are going to have less available to you than before. Without prana, there is no energy available.
If you suddenly become very tired, even weak feeling when you're with a particular person, in a particular room or place, this is a sign that you're being drained of pranic energy from your aura.
- Tiredness or a feeling of absolute weakness or fatigue that occurs at a certain time of the day, almost like clockwork.
I know people who routinely have a schedule for tapping into other person's aura at a specific time of the day or night. Generally speaking, we all get a little lackluster between 2pm and 4pm every day--this is known in biology as the "post prandial dip" and it is a metabolism phenomena associated with all human beings. We all do this, every day, almost without exception. This is NOT psychic attack.
If your cyclic or periodical tiredness suddenly avalanches you at any other time other than the above, then a psychic attack may be occurring.
- Headache. After being with a person, in a stressful situation, or place, and you suddenly develop a headache out of it, this can be draining of your energy taking place. And interestingly enough, when you get away from this person, your headache goes away!
- Drained feeling. You can spend five minutes with this predator and walk away on weak knees and feel as if you are going to have to crawl to your car or home. You can barely walk upright. When this happens, it usually takes a couple of hours or a good night's sleep, to recover from it.
- Nightmares. If you usually don't have nightmares and suddenly, you begin to have some of whatever you fear chasing you and trying to kill you, this could be an attack. But you need to be sure about this, because there could be another reason for it occurring. From time to time, our subconscious wants to get our attention about our Shadow material that we're not integrating into ourselves and it is emotions that remain in a suppression/repression or denial form, and it will start sending us "shadow" dreams.
Shadow dreams are always chase dreams where you're being chased and attack by either a known or unknown entity. The one thing you know in this dream is that if you let him/it/her catch you, you're dead. So, in these dreams, you are constantly dodging, ducking, running and hiding. You need to ask yourself what is presently going on in your life that you're not facing.
You need to assess which of these two things are going on in your life. Most nightmares are NOT about psychic attack.
- Icy cold feeling physically on some part, or all of your body. When your aura is being drained, you can physically feel like you're freezing.
- A clenched knot feeling in your stomach/solar plexus area. If you walk into someplace and your solar plexus snaps shut when a particular person approaches you; beware. You are being given warning that this person is dangerous to you. Our solar plexus is the seat of our fears/anxieties/repression and suppression. It is where our Shadow contents reside. When you get this gut-clench feeling, play head's up football, pay attention and stay alert. If you feel suddenly weak or shaky, get away from this person or activity.
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks. Many times, we get drained and siphoned from and don't even realize it until much later. The reaction then becomes an anxiety reaction or sometimes, a full blown panic attack because on a subconscious level, you are reacting to the assault like any normal person would. If you have such a symptom, then think back several hours or 1-2 days before and carefully go over who you met, where you were at and try to pinpoint the possible psychic attack.
- Depression. Long term psychic attacks by an individual or group that does this cyclically for weeks or months on end, can end up making you feel morose, sad, hopeless, listless and like life isn't worth living at all. This is a serious attack and will need serious help in the form of a shaman to catalyze the break-up of energy and disconnecting the lines from your aura. Afterward, your "old jaunty self" will return.
- Suicidal. Long term psychic attack can literally drain a person of so much pranic energy that all they thinking or know is that they are dying--because they are dying a little each day. It's no wonder the person becomes suicidal or has thoughts of leaving--because they are dying an inch at a time through the machinations of another or others. When a lot of your pranic energy is sucked out of you continually, death can occur. That, or your health is wrecked.
- Shaking and trembling. This reaction usually occurs during or after an attack. The person may or may not realize why s/he's suddenly shaking. From a subconscious level, where the assault is realized, this is a perfectly normal reaction because, whether you knew it or not, your adrenaline is flowing high and fast--the "fight or flight" hormones. A part of you wants to run. Usually, in this type of situation, you don't connect consciously with what is really going on subliminally between you and the psychic assaulter--until later.
- Pessimism. If you are normally an optimistic or idealistic person and your thoughts suddenly turn rancidly pessimistic, hopeless, angry, irritated, impatient, then you need to understand that this isn't the 'real' you, but you are reacting to something that you may not consciously realize that is going on. During long term attacks, a person can literally, change personality from an sunny, extrovert person to a moody, morose, depressed, negative individual--but it happens over a number of weeks or months and they really don't see it happening. It is usually brought to their attention by the spouse or family members.
- Loss of Confidence. If you were once a fairly confident individual, but over weeks or months of time, it is eroded way from you until you feel like a scared, vulnerable little rabbit out there in the Big, Bad World, then someone may, indeed, be chipping away at you--psychically.
- Victim Mentality. A person gets into this state when they were never in one....but over a period of weeks or months during a long-term psychic attack--they begin to feel hopeless and helpless. They can literally "freeze", like a deer in headlights, and cannot help themselves out of this inner immobility. Many times, this person must 'hit bottom' on this and what will save them is themselves when they get angry enough to fight back. The anger, used in a positive sense here, snaps and breaks the lines between yourself and the psychic attacker.
- Health problems. A specific organ of the body is chosen and energy is sent in, like a sledge hammer, to shut it (and the chakra) down once and for all. Usually, if the person or group mean business (to kill you), they target your heart to create a heart attack. If it doesn't work, and you're getting protection, it may end up as lung congestion, bronchitis, or pneumonia. It can also be any organ in the body. If it was working fine and you suddenly get assaultive pain with it, on and off, for "no reason", then you need to see your doctor. If the doc gives you a bill of good health, then think about being under psychic attack.
End of Part 1. Check back soon for Part 2.
AccessNewAge.com Home Page 'Looking Deeper Magazine'